2017 MENA TOUR CONDITIONS
1. Membership Applications
- Membership applications will only be accepted through www.menagolftour.com.
- On receipt, applications will be forwarded for approval.
- Once approved, account log-in information will be sent via email with further instructions for payment of membership fees, Q-School entry fee and tournament entries.
- All payments will be processed online, through a secure payment gateway.
- MENA Tour members agree to have their name and image (photo and/or video) published by MENA Tour for the purposes of promotion or reporting of the MENA Tour. Members understand that MENA Tour might use their name and / or image in electronic or print form such as on the internet and film footage, or in printed materials such as reports, posters and newspapers. These materials may be seen or read by people anywhere in the world. MENA Tour will own the image but will NOT benefit financially from it. Members also understand that MENA Tour will not pay them for use of their image
The conditions listed in Sections 2, 3, 4 and 5 are applicable to regular MENA TOUR tournaments. The MENA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP is subject to separate conditions as outlined in Section 6.
2. Tournament Entries
- Entries will only be accepted from fully paid up MENA TOUR members with the exception of players in Category 8 & 9 (Tournament Invitations).
- Entries will only be accepted through www.menagolftour.com.
- Entries for all tournaments in 2017 will open on Tuesday 7th February 2017.
- Official Tournament Entry Closing Date will be 3pm (UAE time), 14 days prior to the first round of the tournament in question.
- Payment for tournament entries is required by the Official Closing date (2.d) for the tournament in question.
- If a player fails to pay his entry fee by the Official Tournament Entry Closing Date, his entry will be removed from the entry list.
- In the event of withdrawal from a tournament after the Official Tournament Entry Closing Date, and no later than 7 days before the first round, the full entry fee will be refunded, withdrawals after this period will receive a 50% refund.
3. Tournament Field
- The Maximum field for each tournament shall not exceed 138. Please note that it may be less based on available daylight or other factors. Number of places available to MGT members at restricted field or co-sanctioned tournaments will be published at least one month in advance (NOTE: Category 1 and Category 2 players are exempt for co-sactioned and restricted field tournaments)
- At the opening date for entries (2.c), 25 spots will be allocated to Amateurs and 113 to Professionals. Available spots will be calculated proportionately if a lesser field.
- In the event that a tournament is oversubscribed, waitlist priority will be based on MT rankings for Professionals and Handicap ballot for Amateurs, unless an Amateur is exempt or is currently placed in the top 15 on the current Amateur Order of Merit, in which case he shall have priority.
- At the Official Tournament Entry Closing Date (2.d), any spots allocated to Amateurs that have not been utilised, will be made available to Professionals and vice versa.
4. Orders of Merit
- Points will be allocated in accordance with the official ‘points table’ at each tournament. The points allocation formula is available through www.menagolftour.com.
- In the event that a player is disqualified, he shall not be entitled to claim any points for the tournament in question.
- Only Full MENA Tour Members have official standing on the Order of Merit.
- The 2017 Order of Merit will be based on points allocated at each tournament. Prize money will be distributed in accordance with the official breakdown of the prize fund at each event. The breakdown thereof is available through www.menagolftour.com.
- In the event that a player is disqualified, he shall not be entitled to claim prize money for that tournament.
- Only Full MENA Tour Members have official standing on the Order of Merit. NOTE: If a player on invite wins, he earns a Category 2 status for the remainder of the season and for the following season, providing, he has taken up membership within 7 days of the win, and points earned for the win will then count towards the Order of Merit.
5. Tournament Format
- Each tournament will be a stroke play event held over a minimum of 54 holes or 72 holes.
- A first cut will be made after 18 holes. Any player who fails to score 85 or less (86+) will be excluded from the Round 2 draw.
- A second cut will be made after 36 holes. Top 50* + ties will proceed to Round 3. (and round 4 if 72 holes), (* Includes professionals & Amateurs.)
- The top 10 Amateurs and ties will qualify to make the cut, even if they are not positioned within the top-50.
- In the event of a tie for first place, a ‘sudden death’, play-off will take place to determine the winner. The holes to be used for the playoff will be advised, in advance, at each tournament.
- If a play-off involves more than two players, those players, other than the winner, will be deemed to have tied for second place regardless of their score in the play-off.
- If a play-off fails to determine a winner due to weather conditions or for any other reason, all players will be deemed to have won and will share any associated monies or points.
6. MENA GOLF TOUR Championship
- The top-10 eligible Amateurs and top-50 eligible Professionals on their respective Orders of Merit, will qualify for the MENA Tour Championship.
- Only Full MENA Tour Members who have completed a minimum of Seven (7) regular MENA Tour tournaments on the 2017 schedule, will be eligible to play in the MENA Tour Championship. Co-sanctioned Tournaments with the Sunshine Tour's Big Easy Tour are regular MENA Tour tournaments.
- If a player has not fulfilled the minimum tournaments requirement, he will be removed from the Order of Merit for the purpose of determining the MENA Tour Championship field.
- In the event that a player who has qualified for the MENA Tour Championship is unable to play, he will be replaced in the field by the next eligible player.